Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Sacramento CA 252 AM PDT Sun May 19 2019
...Late Season Mountain Snow Today...
.A system moving across northern California today will bring mountain snow to the Sierra Cascade range resulting in travel impacts. Snow levels will be at pass level or below through early Monday morning.
If traveling through the Sierra Cascade range today and tonight, be prepared for winter like conditions. Carry tire chains and check the latest road and weather reports before departure. More mountain snowfall will be possible this coming week.
CAZ068-069-192300- /O.CON.KSTO.WS.W.0016.000000T0000Z-190520T1200Z/ Western Plumas County/Lassen Park- West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada- 252 AM PDT Sun May 19 2019
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PDT MONDAY ABOVE 6000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow occurring. Plan on difficult travel conditions. Additional snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches, with localized amounts up to 15 inches across mountain summits, are expected.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada.
* WHEN...Until 5 AM Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in visibility at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means there will be snow covered roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended while the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
$$URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Hanford CA 146 AM PDT Sun May 19 2019
...Winter weather continues over the higher elevations of the Sierra today...
CAZ192>195-191700- /O.CON.KHNX.WS.W.0013.000000T0000Z-190520T0600Z/ Central Sierra-North Kings River-Sequoia Kings-Lake Isabella- Including the cities of Devils Postpile, Florence Lake, Lake Thomas Edison, Tuolumne Meadows, Bass Lake, Fish Camp, Wawona, Shaver Lake, Camp Nelson, Giant Forest, Lodgepole, Grant Grove, Johnsondale, and Lake Isabella 146 AM PDT Sun May 19 2019
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Periods of heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches above 6000 feet with as much as 20 inches accumulating above 8000 feet in the Sierra.
* WHERE...Elevations above 6000 feet.
* WHEN...Through 11 PM PDT Sunday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow covered roads and winter driving conditions likely above 6000 feet with chain restrictions. Travel delays possible along with some road closures. Hikers and campers should expect gusty winds, blowing snow and dangerous wind chill temperatures over the high Sierra tonight through Sunday.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather conditions will make travel very hazardous or impossible. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.